Cape Town Online Campus is a virtual classroom for students to study anywhere and anytime
What we do
The most important objective of online studies is to gain knowledge (and not first and foremost to gain a certificate, diploma or degree)! Accreditation and Recognition will follow at a later stage.
Online study is the gateway for ordinary people (mothers, fathers, “housewives “, matriculants; etc.) to be part of the Knowledge Economy.
Staff members and
especially our unemployed workforce could gain valuable expertise and experience as online students without hugh expenses or investments for
You do not need to wait until you have money for accommodation or for transport e.g. from Zimbabwe or Gauteng to study in Cape Town.
And do not wait until you register at university (and UNISA for that matter) “to study” or to gain knowledge !
Advantages of online or computer-based learning:
- Class work can be scheduled around work and family
- Reduces travel time and travel costs for off-campus students
- Students may have the option to select learning materials that meets their level of knowledge and interest
- Students can study anywhere they have access to a computer and Internet connection
- Self-paced learning modules allow students to work at their own pace
- Flexibility to join discussions in the bulletin board threaded discussion areas at any hour, or visit with classmates and instructors remotely in chat rooms
- Instructors and students both report eLearning fosters more interaction among students and instructors than in large lecture courses
- eLearning can accommodate different learning styles and facilitate learning through a variety of activities
- Develops knowledge of the Internet and computers skills that will help learners throughout their lives and careers
- Successfully completing online or computer-based courses builds self-knowledge and self-confidence and encourages students to take responsibility for their learning
- Learners can test out of or skim over materials already mastered and concentrate efforts in mastering areas containing new information and/or skills
Our social impact
Our target market is previously disadvantaged individuals within the post-1994 South African Society. With our online and virtual classrooms we want to bridge the digital divide and create a culture of life long learning. Our primary aim is to set up wifi hotspots in urban as well as rural settings to provide affordable data and interconnectivity to students as well as their parents