The aim of the project is to low barriers to help people in Madrid access to new technologies. A community of 70 active people, creators, artist, entrepreneurs share the space and the workshop in order to develop their projects:
* It offers a creative meeting point space.
* It has equipment to accelerate new projects and ideas in-situ.
* It strengthens the exchange of knowledge and technical skills.
* It enables new ways of customized production.
* It serves as a springboard for more complex projects and technology initiatives.
More than 110 people have been members in the last year and a half, and they have learnt about 3d printing, cnc, laser cutter, open design and open source tools for design. Some of them have started their startup, and some of them are students learning new things everyday. We have a wiki: wiki.makespacemadrid.org where most of the people document and share their projects.