What we do
DOZORRO is a non-profit civic tech project run by Transparency International Ukraine which unites an all-national oversight community and deploys data-driven solutions to help detect and prevent misuse of public funds in public procurement.
What do we do
- We channel the benefits of open data to the society at large
We run a platform with built-in feedback function to allow any participant of the public procurement process - citizens, businesses, public buyers, controlling and prosecution bodies - to monitor particular tender, analyze procurement records as well as report wrongdoings and appeal the illegal practices like discriminatory requirements, for example.
We help public authorities to achieve better value for money in public procurement
We work with the representatives of the city councils and state enterprises to
We strive to enhance data-driven journalism and effective activism
For civic activists and the media outlets, the portal enables to check the due diligence of the particular supplier of the public buyer and draw attention to the most common violations. We developed a methodology of red flagging of tenders that allows in-depth investigation and prevention of misuse of taxpayers money on early stage.
We want to make activism a matter of responsible citizenship
We function as a knowledge hub for those who want to engage in the protection of their consumer interests, fair competition and value for money in procurement. We provide video and textual guidance on the use of our tools and step-by-step instructions on how to file an appeal once the corruption risk is identified.
We want to make local stories heard and count
DOZORRO is a centralised platform for the news on public procurement. We foster investigative journalism on the local level and highlight the outcomes of regional NGOs and activists.
How we do it
We operate an online monitoring ecosystem comprised of web-platform and a set of intelligence tools.
DOZORRO platform includes
- an end-to-end feedback platform for bidders and procuring entities that allow reporting cases of restriction of competition, corruption or deliberate mismanagement
- profiling of the companies and buyers displaying along with their previous contracting practice and responsiveness to complaints
- an easy-to-use knowledge hub with guidance on how to identify and appeal risky tenders to controlling bodies (Anti-Monopoly Committee, the State Audit Service and other)
- a media hub giving voice to local investigative stories
- a source of structured feedback allowing to track review results by controlling bodies
DOZORRO business intelligence tools are designed to increase the efficiency of public procurement and foster procuring entities to deliver greater value for money. We run
- Risk Indicators - a risk-assessment tool powered by artificial intelligence which helps to detect public tenders with a high probability of violations (“red flag system”)
- Public BI - a public analytical module displaying accurate, reliable and complete data for analysis of all three stages: planning, bidding and contracting
- Professional BI - an advanced and license-based version of the analytical module used by anti-corruption controlling and prosecution bodies
- Medical BI - the analytical module for medication procurement
Our social impact
- DOZORRO unwrapped civic monitoring of public procurement in 10 regions uniting a community of 150 members representing 25 CSOs across Ukraine. We scaled the use of digital anti-corruption tools to city councils, state enterprises, controlling and prosecution institutions. More than 20 000 violations have been identified by the community since the project launch.
- DOZORRO increased engagement of business in public tenders and CSOs to control of procurements enhancing trust. More than 80 000 feedback inputs were recorded over 2 years.
- DOZORRO pioneered a robust methodology for in-depth investigations into risky tenders based on machine learning starting from the tender planning stage. DOZORRO shifted the anti-corruption paradigm in public procurement from the reactive mode to the preventive mode. We have engaged more than 900 000 unique users.
- DOZORRO advocated for a risk-oriented monitoring approach as the basis for the Law of Procurement monitoring in Ukraine and obligatory to use by the State Audit Service.
- DOZORRO is listed in top 12 projects worldwide for engaging citizens as corruption watchdog by Open Government Partnership ranking of “stars of reforms” and recognised as a showcase by OECD Observatory of Public Sector Innovations.
- DOZORRO uses open-source tools which make the system highly replicable elsewhere.