What we do
Recent global economic and financial developments have brought to the fore of the policy agenda the need for citizens to follow and understand financial trends and threats, national accounts and economic developments.
The ultimate goal is the promotion of more responsible and prudent personal financial behaviour. From an open-democracy perspective, it can be conducive to more active forms of participation and citizenship.
Towards this goal, PROFIT will develop a platform with the following functionalities:
- Personal financial educational toolkits available to the wider public
- Crowdsourcing tools that will process financial data and extract and present collective knowledge
- Advanced forecasting models that exploit the market sentiment in order to identify market trends and threats
- Novel personalized recommendation systems to support financial management according to the user’s profile
- Reputation-based incentive mechanisms to encourage the active participation and contribution of citizens through many different channels (e.g. posting & rating of financial articles, voting in relevant polls, questions & answers forums)
Please check the PROFIT Video Trailer here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vn3su5PQqbo.
Our social impact
financial awarenes, open forms of democracy and e-participation