Buinho Fablab is a collaborative research platform located in a low-density rural territory. It seeks to combine Art&design with artisan know-how, and provide STEAM courses to local childrens.
Buinho makerspace is a collaborative research platform in design and artisan know-how that aims to develop projects with high territorial impact through the use of models of multidisciplinary and inter-generational co-creation. Built in local values, culture and lifestyle of Alentejo, the Buinho seeks to be a reference point of transdisciplinary R&D in Alentejo, bringing together creative projects that bridge technological factors to knowledge of the local craft traditions.
Our goal is to develop and allow:
- Innovative approaches in the field of education which connect artistic education with mathematics, engineering, science and technology;
- Transfer of knowledge and research practices applied in rural areas;
- Training of local populations and use of design methodologies services to promote youth empowerment;
- A social and environmental structured approach to ensure the sustainability of projects;
- A specialized offer prototyping solutions within an international network FabLabs and maker spaces.
Buinho was born as a spin-off created by researchers at the University of Lisbon. Our motto is "Buinho, time to play"
Buinho Fablab is involved with: